Monday, December 14, 2009

Secrets...

So dark the con of man...

Well, we all have secrets... dont we?

For as far along as I can remember, I have lived with one or the other. And it has not been easy. So now, with a lot of courage, I am finally warming up to the fact that it’s ok to have a few uncharted territories... for the larger good of mankind...

I just have a strong super-ego... In other words, I am just not too adventurous...


Sometimes I want to close my eyes

Let my heart decide where I go

But then I think of the times long gone

When I just wouldn’t know


Sometimes I want to walk that mile

And see how it would go

See what I would do when the moment comes

Of which, I am so unsure...


Perhaps it too shall pass my being

If I just go with the flow

Perhaps it will sweep my feet away

To a place, dreaded and unknown


Or perhaps, I would never go that way

Where my heart wants me to go

Will I survive, will I drown

Perhaps I would never know...


Some things are better left untouched

Some truths too hard to swallow

For as long as I shall be here

I shall wait for you to follow...


11 comments:

Vikram Chauhan said...

Poem depicts skepticm very well n consistently.
With each stanza, it causes more pessimism which goes with the theme and provides reason for insecurity in a man.

Vikram Chauhan said...

thats skepticism up there

Apoorva said...

Thanks to all your nagging.. here's my comment :) in black n white..

Every word mirrors the person you are.. and a word of advice..

"Do not tread the unknown waters
If they seem so dark,
For the path you follow today
Is the one you ought to embark.. "

Kinshu said...

@apu - smhow I knew u'ld say that...
thanks.. see my nagging works :)

Sarkar said...

Nice one. Keep writing. I appreciate your efforts to write this but I respect more for understanding what not to write and leave them untouched.

Har sach zaban par khoobsoorat nahin lagta ey vibhaas,
Kayi hote hain paida, sirf dafan ho jane ke liye…

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the life does remain like a web.. a web of ifs.. You imagine and romanticise what is not known, for everyone has told you that the forbidden pleasures are sinful.
So should you give in and let go? But are you ready for the revelation? Can you say for sure that that you would have the courage to face the place where the heart takes you?
Keep checking, the sounds that you think are that of someone following you, might just be your wishful thinking. Maybe, just maybe.. you're alone.

Kinshu said...

@Anon..
Cudn't have expected a better comment on this. thanks. m a little lesser afraid now, for i know m not alone...

btw - think u liked my smart promotional stunts ;)

Anonymous said...

Now that's a Nice one Champ ...
Ankush

Kinshu said...

Ankush
- thanks :)

Anonymous said...

how many miles...??? :-)

Anonymous said...

beautifully written !!